Escrow.com recently launched a broker tool to allow brokers to participate in Escrowed transactions. The process overview can be found here at Escrow.com
The IAB has just released it’s 2011 Internet Advertising Revenues report. Ad revenues reached an all time high in 2011 of $31 billion, an increase of 22% on 2010 record breaking $26 billion.
- Fastest percentage growth was in the mobile sector up 149% from $0.6 billion in 2010 to $1.6 billion in 2011
- Digital video advertising was up 29% to $1.8 billion from $1.4 billion in 2010
- Revenues from search were up almost 27% to $14.8 billion from $11.7 billion in 2010
- Display advertising was up 15% to $11.1 billion from $9.6 billion in 2010
Full report can be downloaded here (.pdf)
The Boston Consulting Group has produced a report looking at how the Internet is growing.
- By 2016, there will be 3 billion Internet users globally—almost half the world’s population.
- The Internet economy will reach $4.2 trillion in the G-20 economies.
- If it were a national economy, the Internet economy would rank 5th in the world. (behind only the U.S., China, Japan, and India)
- It already amounted to 4.1 percent of GDP, or $2.3 trillion, in 2010
- The Internet is contributing up to 8 percent of GDP in some economies, powering growth, and creating jobs.
- The scale and pace of change is still accelerating
- Developing G-20 countries already have 800 million Internet users, more than all the developed G-20 countries combined.
- Social networks reach about 80 percent of users in developed and developing economies alike.
- Mobile devices i.e. smartphones and tablets, will account for four out of five broadband connections by 2016.
Overstock.com, Inc., today announced the launch of a new consumer information portal O.info. The website features blogs, reviews and buying guides, all to help consumers make informed decisions about products before purchasing. Along with consumer goods, O.info contains in-depth information on cars, travel, insurance and business products.
Press release here
BT Openreach is looking for around 1000 buildings to take part in a pilot scheme to deliver the company’s fastest available broadband speeds to apartments within their building.
Participants will gain access to Openreach’s Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) technology which delivers super-fast broadband speeds. End users will initially have access to downstream speeds of up to 100Mb/s but these will rise to give users the option of up to 300Mb/s in the spring of this year (2012), the fastest commercially available download and upload speeds in the UK for residential connections.
More details can be found in the BT press release.
There are some excellent sites in the final for the 2011 awards. For example one of the finalists in this years .info awards trafalgarsquare.info has a crazy video which has vienna.info advertised throughout.
The 10 finalists for the 2011 .Info awards have just been posted for public voting. (Voting open until next Tuesday (Dec, 13)
www.frauenundhiv.info (“Women and HIV”)
Afilias is holding its 5th annual INFO Awards program, where .INFO domain owners can submit their great site for the chance to be named the Best .INFO website of 2011!
Submission deadline November 24, 2011
A panel of experts with experience in the fields of website design and media will review submitted sites and determine a shortlist of the ten best .INFO websites, based on the following criteria:
• Presentation of content
• Functionality of the site
Afilias has annouced plans for a Chinese IDN equivalent of the .info domain.
Ram Mohan, Executive Vice President and CTO, Afilias said “Given the global presence of Afilias, Internationalized Domain Names — informally known as IDNs — have always been of great interest to us. We were the first company to launch IDN email, and believe that having IDN equivalents of .INFO for the world’s most populated country, in its primary languages, will be a major benefit to all Internet users in China,”
Afilias press release
Interactive Advertising Bureau and Pricewaterhouse Coopers are reporting Internet ad revenues rose 23.2 percent—to a record $14.9 billion in the first half of 2011. The rate of growth more than doubled year on year, as 2010’s first-half year ad revenues of $12.1 billion had represented an 11.3 percent increase over 2009.
The IAB report shows the incredible growth in internet advertising since 1996 together with a table which breaks out where the 2011 ad spend is concentrated.
Internet Ad spend since 1996
HY 11 … $14,941,000,000
HY 10 … $12,127,000,000
HY 09 … $10,900,000,000
HY 08 … $11,510,000,000
HY 07 … $9,993,000,000
HY 06 … $7,909,000,000
HY 05 … $5,787,000,000
HY 04 … $4,599,000,000
HY 03 … $3,292,000,000
HY 02 … $2,978,000,000
HY 01 … $3,720,000,000
HY 00 … $4,013,000,000
HY 99 … $1,627,000,000
HY 98 … $774,000,000
HY 97 … $344,000,000
HY 96 … $82,000,000
2011 Internet Ad spend by category
Banner ads 23%
Digital Video 6%
Rich Media 5%
Referrals/ Lead Generation 5%